Find Career Information
How to find career information
- Look through detailed career profiles and videos.
- Learn about the fastest-growing occupations in your area.
- Talk to people working in your chosen fields to get inside information.
Starting your research
Start with occupations you listed in Occupations that Match Your Assessments (pdf). First, pick the occupations you know about or that seem interesting to you.
Want to look into different occupations? Look at the Career Clusters to see related occupations.
For each occupation you choose, pay attention to:
- the skills
- education or training needed
- the median or average pay, and
- the demand for the occupation in your area
ReNEW has information about careers in Illinois and nationwide.
Use the Occupation Research Summary (pdf) worksheet to keep track of your research.