Get Job Skills
Sometimes people looking for a job may not be able to go to school at the same time. If this is you, you can still get job skills. Review your job skills from your skills assessment. Think about which skills you can work on now.
Why should you get job skills?
- You'll be seen more positively by employers. They tend to like applicants who continually learn new skills.
- You'll feel more confident during interviews.
- Your resumes, cover letters, and job applications will be stronger.
There are some things you can do to expand your skills now.
- Go to Find a Job. You'll learn about what makes job seekers successful.
- Go to your library and read books about your career field.
- Volunteer in your field.
- Ask to job shadow someone in an occupation that interests you.
- Ask your library about free or low-cost classes. They may know of computer or other job skill classes.
- If you don't have a high school diploma, finish your GED.
Resources to help you get job skills.